The Institute for Culture and Society at the University of Western Sydney has announced that applications for PhD scholarships are now opened.
The ICS is especially interested in PhD proposals in the following areas:
- Cities and Urban Cultures
- Intercultural Dialogue and Transnational Culture
- Institutions, Governance and Citizenship
- Cultural Economy and Globalisation
- Heritage, Environment and Society
- Digital Research and Cultural Transformation
- Australian Cultural Fields
- Culture and Education
Candidates with backgrounds in cultural studies, sociology, anthropology, human geography, cultural history, media and communication studies, Asian studies and other disciplines are encouraged to apply. Applications from international candidates are particularly welcome. See here to find out more research undertaken at ICS.
More information on essential criteria, funding opportunities and the application process is found here. Applications close 22 September, 2013.